International Business Transactions
Module code: M3110
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Seminar, Lecture
Assessment modes: Multiple choice questions, Coursework
This module focuses on the international sale of goods transported by land, sea and air. This module only deals with carriage by sea.
We will consider:
- the main trade terms used in international sales contracts (common law and INCOTERMS)
- the essential elements of contracts of carriage of goods by sea
- cargo insurance
- key aspects of the financing of international sales transactions (mainly UCP 600).
Law of Contract (M3003)
Module learning outcomes
- Systematically understand key aspects of the law relating to the sale of goods by a seller in one country to a buyer in another;
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate legal principles and concepts relevant to international commercial transactions
- Demonstrate familiarity with the appropriate legal instruments and some of the relevant critical literature.