Study at a university ranked 8th in the UK for psychology. Browse our psychology modules below, and if you’re unsure what to study, follow our top tips for how to choose a module.
Browse our modules
You can see our full list of psychology modules below.
- Attention: Distraction, Daydreaming and Diversity
- Biological Psychology of Mental Health
- Caring and Helping: the Psychology of Concern and Commitment
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Communicating Global Warming
- Depression in Adolescents
- Educational Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Living Well: Modes of Self-Focus
- Peer Relationships: From Toddlerhood to Middle Childhood
- Perspectives on Psychology
- Psychology and Culture
- Psychology of Appetite
- Psychology of Collective Action
- Psychology of Crowd Behaviour
- Psychology of Sleep
- Science of Memory
- Self Regulation: The Science of Achieving Your Goals
- Social Cognitive Development
- Social Connection and Disconnection
- The Psychology of Elite Performance
- Understanding Clinical Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Psychology
- Clinical Psychology in Practice
- Comparative Psychology: The Psychology of Animal Behaviour
- Conscious and Unconscious Mental Processes
- Contemporary Topics in Child Development and Wellbeing
- Drugs, Brain and Behaviour
- Manipulating Minds
- Nature and Nurture of Mental Health
- Organisational Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Psychology of Exercise and Wellbeing
- Psychological Perspectives on Self and Identity
- The Psychology of Inequality: From Poverty to Power
Not sure how to choose?
Follow our top tips for choosing your modules. You can also find out about our teaching structure, assessment process and how your credits transfer back to your home institution.
Find out more.
8thin the UK for psychology*
Learn in one of the UK's largest schools of psychology
BPS(British Psychological Society) accredited**
Studyspaces and facilities including a child development research suite and a human psychophysiology laboratory***
Which school will I study in?
You'll study in the School of Psychology.
We're one of the UK’s largest schools of psychology and our academics are world-leaders in the areas that they teach.
Find out more.
Our psychology research
Our researchers have been pushing the boundaries of biological, developmental, clinical, cognitive and social psychology since the 1960s. With a team of more than 70 academics, we are one of the largest research-intensive psychology schools in the UK.
Our research influences the way we teach, and you learn from academics at the forefront of their fields.
Find out more.
If you are studying at Sussex for a semester or year and have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021 **Based on a full Psychology BSc undergraduate degree. ***Access to facilities dependent on modules studied. Rankings based on full undergraduate degree at Sussex.