Study at a university ranked 19th in the UK for history*, with specialist access to the world-famous Mass Observation Archive. Browse our history modules below.
Browse our modules
You can see our full list of history modules below.
- History Short Period: America in the 20th Century
- History Short Period: Britain in the 20th Century
- History Short Period: England in the 16th Century
- History Short Period: Europe in the 20th Century
- Ideas of History
- Short Period: The Middle East and North Africa since 1908
- History Short Period: The Middle East and North Africa since 1908
- Time and Place: 1861: The Coming of the American Civil War
- Time and Place: 1942: Holocaust
- Time and Place: 1948: The Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Time and Place: 1984: Thatcher's Britain (Observing the 1980s)
- Time and Place 2008: The Spectacle of the Beijing Olympics
- China's Encounter with Europe: History Lessons for Business
- Global History from the Global South
Not sure how to choose?
Follow our top tips for choosing your modules. You can also find out about our teaching structure, assessment process and how your credits transfer back to your home institution.
Find out more.
19thin the UK for History*
Expertteaching – many of our academics have featured in television documentaries and written books
1stcity in England for student happiness**
Studyspaces and facilities including special collections of rare books and papers at The Keep***
Which school will I study in?
You'll study in the History department, which is part of the School of Media, Arts and Humanities.
Some of our expert academic staff have appeared on television documentaries, written books and helped to create new online archives.
Find out more.
Our history research
If you are studying at Sussex for a semester or year and have questions, email email@example.com.
*The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. **(Our campus is nine minutes by train from Brighton & Hove) survey by accommodation providers Student Living by Sodexo ***Access to facilities is dependent on the module you study. Rankings based on full undergraduate degree at Sussex.