The Single Market of the European Union
Module code: M6431
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Seminar, Lecture
Assessment modes: Multiple choice questions, Distance exam
- examines the European Single Market as developed by the European Union (EU), with an emphasis on the role of law as a tool of European integration.
- concentrates on a detailed study of the EU substantive law, particularly in relation to the single market in persons, goods, services, as well as non-market issues such as citizenship of the EU.
Module learning outcomes
- Explain the nature, characteristics and key elements of the European Single Market
- Understand the impact of the European Single Market on national systems
- Interpret and apply key principles, rules and concepts of the European Single Market to factual situations
- Critically assess the contribution of the Court of Justice to the development of the European Single Market