Contract Law 2
Module code: M6403
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar, Workshop
Assessment modes: Distance exam
This module explores the legal rules and principles relating to the terms of a contract and performance and breach of a contract.
Topics may include:
- express and implied terms
- exemption clauses
- performance of a contract
- breach of contract
- remedies for breach of contract.
Students must have already undertaken Contract Law 1: Formation and Vitiation, which provides the basis for this module by covering the requirements of an enforceable contract and vitiating factors.
Module learning outcomes
- Evidence an understanding of the principles and rules relating to the rights and obligations arising from a contract.
- Develop and evaluate arguments in relation to the different areas of contract law addressed in this module.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the principles and rules covered in the module to hypothetical scenarios, supporting arguments with appropriate primary sources identified in the module.