Contract Law 1
Module code: M5403
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Essay, Coursework
This module explores the legal rules and principles relating to the formation of contracts and the vitiation of consent to a contractual agreement.
Topics covered may include:
- offer and acceptance
- promissory estoppel
- intention to create legal relations
- certainty and completeness
- undue influence
- misrepresentation and mistake.
The module provides the basis for Contract Law 2: Terms and Breach.
Module learning outcomes
- Evidence an understanding of the various components of a valid and enforceable contract.
- Identify the various circumstances under which the assent to a contractual agreement may be vitiated.
- Recall and apply knowledge in the interpretation and solving of hypothetical scenarios.