The University of Sussex summer graduation takes place from Monday 20 July until Friday 24 July 2020 at the Brighton Centre.
Ceremony schedule for 2020
The schedule for summer 2020 is yet to be announced.
Key dates and deadlines
- March 2020 – invites sent to University email addresses
- TBC – deadline to apply for a refund for unwanted guest tickets
- TBC – extra tickets go on sale
- TBC – deadline to confirm your place and book your tickets
- TBC – deadline to book your gown and photography
If you are a postgraduate research student who wants to graduate at a summer ceremony, you’ll have to do the following by these dates:
- TBC – receive the Examiners' approval that thesis corrections have been made to their satisfaction
- TBC – submit a final PDF copy of your thesis and the completed ETHOS Library form to the Research Student Administration Office.
Read our information about attendance and eligibility if you need advice about visas, money or any fees that you owe.
Collecting your certificate
- If you are attending your ceremony, you will collect your certificate on graduation day.
- If you are not attending your ceremony, you can choose whether to collect your certificate from the University or have it sent to you. Certificates will be sent out after your graduation ceremony has taken place either by recorded delivery, or UPS if you have an international address.
If you have questions about receiving your certificate, contact the Student Systems and Records Office.
Information for staff
Volunteering for graduation? Register as academic or professional services staff. You'll need to log in.