The University of Sussex summer graduation is due to take place in July 2022 at the Brighton Centre.
Ceremony schedule for 2022
Summer graduation will take place from Monday 4 July until Friday 22 July 2022 in the Brighton Centre. The exact schedule will be available in due course.
Key dates and deadlines
- March 2022 – invites sent to University email addresses
- TBC – deadline to apply for a refund for unwanted guest tickets
- TBC – extra tickets go on sale
- TBC – deadline to confirm your place and book your tickets
- TBC – deadline to book your gown and photography
If you are a postgraduate research student who wants to graduate at a summer ceremony, you’ll have to do the following by these dates:
- TBC – receive the Examiners’ approval that thesis corrections have been made to their satisfaction
- TBC – submit a final PDF copy of your thesis and the completed ETHOS Library form to the Research Student Administration Office.
Read our information about attendance and eligibility if you need advice about visas, money or any fees that you owe.
Collecting your certificate
If you are attending your ceremony, you will collect your certificate on graduation day, unless you have already received it before the ceremony.
If you choose not to attend your ceremony, you can either collect your certificate from us or have it sent to you. Certificates are normally sent out after your graduation ceremony has taken place either by recorded delivery, or UPS if you have an international address.
If you have questions about receiving your certificate, contact the Student Systems and Records Office.
Information for staff
Volunteering for graduation? Register as academic or professional services staff. You’ll need to log in.