The University of Sussex summer graduation is due to take place in July 2022 at the Brighton Centre.
Our July ceremonies will take place subject to prevailing UK Government national and/or local guidance in relation to Covid-19 pandemic and large-scale indoor events. We will continue to monitor and observe the guidance from Government. Ceremonies will only go ahead if Government guidance allows.
Travel, accommodation and other costs
We recommend that you do not make any non-refundable travel or accommodation bookings and respectfully remind you and your guests of their responsibility for all bookings made in these circumstances. We are unable to reimburse any costs relating to attending graduation such as travel and accommodation payments.
Find out our terms and conditions.
Ceremony schedule for 2022
Summer graduation will take place from Tuesday 5 July until Friday 22 July 2022 in the Brighton Centre and includes cohorts from 2020, 2021 and 2022. You can find your ceremony by School and view the full 3-week schedule.
Key dates and deadlines
- March 2022 – invites sent to personal and University email addresses
- 20 April 2022 – deadline to confirm your place and book your tickets
- 21 April 2022 – deadline to apply for a refund for unwanted guest tickets
- 28 April 2022 from 10am – extra tickets go on sale
- 13 June 2022 – deadline to book your gown and photography
If you're a postgraduate research student who wants to graduate at a summer ceremony, you’ll have to do the following by these dates:
- 8 June 2022 – Corrections must have been submitted to the Research Student Administration Office
- 30 June 2022 – submit a final PDF copy of your thesis and the completed ETHOS Library form to the Research Student Administration Office.
Read our information about attendance and eligibility if you need advice about visas, money or any fees that you owe.
Collecting your certificate
If you're attending your ceremony, you will collect your certificate on graduation day, unless you have already received it before the ceremony.
If you choose not to attend your ceremony, you can either collect your certificate from us or have it sent to you. Certificates are normally sent out after your graduation ceremony has taken place either by recorded delivery, or UPS if you have an international address.
If you have questions about receiving your certificate, contact the Student Systems and Records Office.
Information for staff
Volunteering for graduation? Register as academic or professional services staff. You’ll need to log in.