Advice for schools, colleges and teachers
Find out how to write a reference for a student’s university application and how to check their personal statement. Also, see useful presentations and resources to help guide applicants through the application process.
Writing a reference
Watch our video for tips about how to write a university reference for a student.
Checking a personal statement
Watch our video to see how to check a student's personal statement.
Useful presentations and resources
If you are a teacher looking for information for pupils who are interested in applying to university, see our useful resources below:
- why university? guide
- how to choose a course [PDF 7.3MB]
- fees and funding presentation [PDF 6.4MB]
- how to apply to university presentation [PDF 3.7MB]
- how to write a personal statement for students presentation [PDF 3.58MB]
- student life presentation [PDF 13.71MB]
- study skills presentation [PDF 11.46MB].
UCAS also provide information and guidance for teachers.
Find out everything that makes Sussex a great place to study, work and call your home.