Module code: G5139
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework, Computer based exam
- Derivative. Definition & properties. Rolle’s, Lagrange’s, and L’Hôpital’s theorems.
- Taylor’s Theorem.
- Riemann Integral. Definition and properties. Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. Integration techniques.
Module learning outcomes
- Calculate basic integrals and derivatives of functions of one real variable;
- Appreciate rigorous arguments in differential and integral calculus and be able to deploy them in solving problems in analysis;
- Understand the concepts and definitions of differentiable functions and Riemann integrable functions, provide and explain examples and counterexamples;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the definitions and the elementary properties of continuous and differentiable functions of one real variable.