Linear Algebra 2
Module code: G5138
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework, Computer based exam
- Vectors spaces. Subspaces, bases, inner products.
- Linear transformations. Rank/Nullity, matrices of linear maps, change of basis.
- Eigenvalues/Eigenvectors. Jordan normal form, diagonalisation.
- Special classes of linear transformations and their matrices.
Module learning outcomes
- Appreciate the structure of vectors spaces as abstract objects;
- Understand the properties of linear transformations between vector spaces and their matrices;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of calculating eigenvalues/eigenvectors, and vectors/matrices in different bases.