Linear Algebra 1
Module code: G5134
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework, Computer based exam
- Vectors in Rn. Subspaces, bases, geometry in R2, R3.
- Linear systems of equations. Gaussian elimination.
- Matrices. Rank, nullity, determinant, inversion.
- Complex numbers.
Module learning outcomes
- Appreciate mathematical connections between algebra and geometry;
- Understand the structure of linear systems and apply basic techniques to solve them;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of vectors, matrices and complex numbers.