Fundamentals of Mathematics
Module code: G5133
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Workshop, Lecture
Assessment modes: Coursework, Computer based exam
- Sets, functions, cardinality, countability, deMorgan laws.
- Elements of propositional logic, mathematical induction.
- Peano postulates, axiomatic foundations and basics of arithmetic, groups, fields.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the axiomatic foundations of basic mathematical number systems, sets and functions;
- Understand and be able to employ the basic tools of mathematical logic and proof;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of axiomatic arithmetic, group theory, fields and key relevant theorems.