Whether you’re a Sussex student or a group of tourists on holiday looking to stay near the seaside, our self-catered accommodation in Brighton is affordable, comfortable and convenient.
Booking your accommodation
If you’re studying at Sussex, find out how to book holiday accommodation with us.
We are not currently taking bookings but will update this page when we can.
The University of Sussex campus is in Falmer, on the edge of Brighton. Find out how to get here.
Your options for getting to and from campus include:
- a 24-hour bus service serving Brighton, Hove and Lewes
- trains from Falmer Station, with links to Brighton, London and Gatwick Airport
- hire bikes with cycle lanes along Lewes Road.
You can pay for parking by phone for up to three hours. Parking vouchers can also be bought via our online shop. Buy vouchers before you arrive and present the receipt at the Housing Office reception to collect your parking vouchers.
Parking on campus is free on weekends. Find out more about visitor parking hours and restrictions.
There is no parking available at Stanmer Court.
- single rooms with shared bathrooms
- single, ensuite rooms (limited availability)
- accommodation with access to a shared kitchen
- cafes, bars, shops, as well as laundrettes and a cash machine on campus
- 24-hour key collection service.
Choose the eating option that works you for.
- cook for yourself – the kitchen in your flat comes fully equipped and ready to go
- dine at one of our cafes and bars – or head into Brighton's bustling restaurant scene
- pre-order a catering package, including Bed & Breakfast, Meal Cards and full meal plans – ideal for groups visiting campus.
You can get wireless internet in most of our rooms. This is a free campus-wide service but it’s not covered by your rent.
We’re undertaking a major programme of campus development, with new buildings planned and being constructed for student accommodation, learning and social activities.
Although our contractors keep disruption to a minimum, noise and dust can affect flats in surrounding buildings from time to time. For example, construction works are scheduled to continue alongside Brighthelm, Swanborough and some areas of East Slope.
Pending planning permission for our proposed West Slope development, we will also be demolishing a number of student residences in summer 2020 and this demolition work may cause some noise and dust. There will also be some maintenance work taking place on campus.
Contact us before booking if you have any queries about these works.
Brighton is an exciting holiday destination with a range of tourist attractions. There is a vibrant night life, a range of restaurants and cafes, and events and festivals throughout the summer. Find out more about Brighton & Hove.
Our campus is surrounded by the beautiful South Downs National Park. Many of our buildings are listed and were designed by the architect Sir Basil Spence in the 1960s. Find out more about the Sussex campus.
Life in Brighton – a glimpse of the city by the sea
Terms and conditions
Get more details about facilities and transport options by downloading our:
If you want more information on an individual residence, you can download our Guide to University-managed accommodation [PDF 1.1MB].