Welcome to the Spencer group website.
Professor of Bioorganic Chemistry.
Raysa is back from industry:
Melvyn's Angew work is published as a research highlight (p27):
Well done Gavin and Adam on passing your PhD vivas with minor corrections!
Melvyn wins EPSRC award to go to Manchester:
New papers in 2017:
1. Transition Metal Catalyzed Hetero Element-Element’ Additions to Alkynes. Ansell, M. B.*; Navarro, O.*; Spencer, J.* Coord. Chem. Rev. 2017, 36, 54-77.
2. A Ruthenium Anticancer Compound Interacts with Histones and Impacts Differently on Epigenetic and Death Pathways Compared to Cisplatin. Licona, C., Spaety M.-E.,, Capuozzo, A., Ali, M.,; Rita, S..; Armat, O..; Delalande, F; Van Dorsselaer, A., Sarah C., Spencer, J., Pfeffer M., Mellitzer G., Gaiddon C. Oncotarget, 2017,8 (2), 2568-2584.
3. Therapeutic Potential of Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase, Monoacylglycerol Lipase, and N-Acylethanolamine Acid Amidase Inhibitors. Tuo, W.; Leleu-Chavain, N.; Spencer, J.; Sansook, S.; Millet, R.; Chavatte, P. J. Med. Chem. 2017, 60, 4−46.
4. Rationalization of the Mechanism of in situ Pd(0) Formation for Cross-Coupling Reactions from Novel Unsymmetrical Pincer Palladacycles Using DFT Calculations. Boonseng, S.; Roffe, G. W.; Targema; M.; Cox, H.; Spencer, J. J. Organomet. Chem. 2017, accepted.
Latest 2016 papers are out :
17. Synthesis of Functionalized Hydrazines: Facile Homogenous (N-Heterocyclic Carbene)-Pd(0) Catalyzed Diboration and Silaboration of Azobenzenes. Ansell, M. B.; Kostakis, G. E.; Braunschweig, H.*; Navarro,O.*; Spencer, J. * Adv. Synth. Catal. 2016, 358, 3765 –3769.
A most accessed paper of 11/2016: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1615-4169/homepage/2258_mostaccessed.html
16. Ocasio, Tony, Rajasekaran, Mohan, Walker, Sarah, Le Grand, Darren, Spencer, John, Pearl, Frances, Ward, Simon, Savic, Velibor, Pearl, Laurence, Hochegger, Helfrid and Oliver, Antony (2016) A first generation inhibitor of human Greatwall kinase, enabled by structural and functional characterisation of a minimal kinase domain construct. Oncotarget 2016, 7, 71182-71197.
15. Boonseng, Sarote, Roffe, Gavin W, Jones, Rhiannon N, Tizzard, Graham J, Coles, Simon J, Spencer, John and Cox, Hazel (2016) The trans influence in unsymmetrical pincer palladacycles: an experimental and computational study. Inorganics, 4 (25). pp. 1-14. ISSN 2304-6740
14. Librizzi, Mariangela, Spencer, John and Luparello, Claudio (2016) Biological effect of a hybrid anticancer agent based on kinase and histone deacetylase inhibitors on triple-negative (MDA-MB231) breast cancer cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 17 (8). p. 1235. ISSN 1422-0067
13. Close, Adam J, Kemmitt, Paul, Roe, S Mark and Spencer, John (2016) Regioselective routes to orthogonally-substituted aromatic MIDA boronates. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 14 (28). pp. 6751-6756. ISSN 1477-0520
12. Close, Adam J, Jones, Rhiannon N, Ocasio, Cory A, Kemmitt, Paul, Roe, S Mark and Spencer, John (2016) Elaboration of tetra-orthogonally-substituted aromatic scaffolds towards novel EGFR-kinase inhibitors. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 14. pp. 8246-8252. ISSN 1477-0520