Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
You may be eligible to apply for projects funded by the Science and Technology Facilities Council if you are conducting research in the School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences. You'll receive support with your fees, living costs and have access to further funds for research expenses, such as overseas fieldwork at the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN).
Applications are currently closed for this award.
How to apply for a STFC scholarship
2. You must indicate on your application form that you intend to apply for a STFC scholarship, giving the title of the project.
You may be invited to an interview as part of your application for a STFC scholarship.
Examples of funded scholarships
Recent STFC-funded scholarships have included these projects:
- Development and implementation of a Helium-3 magnetometry system for the PSI neutron EDM experiment
- Jet physics as a window on new physics at the LHC
- The importance of environment for galaxy quenching: starbursts and AGN activity
- Heavy Flavour physics with the ATLAS detector
- Model-Building in Dark Matter and Cosmology
- The Herschel Extragalactic Legacy Project
- Gravitational wave signals from the very early universe
More about the STFC
The STFC supports research, innovation and skills development in astronomy, particle physics, nuclear physics, and space science. It provides access to world-leading, large-scale facilities across a range of physical and life sciences.
You might also be interested in: