Anthropology, Development and International Studies
Find out about our anthropology, development and international studies research.
- Research in our schools
School of Global Studies
Explore all research in the School of Global Studies.
Global Studies research activities are organised around the following departments and centres:
- Research programmes and centres
- Centre for Advanced International Theory
- Centre for Cultures of reproduction, technologies and health
- Centre for Global Political Economy
- Centre for Poverty and Inequality Research
- Centre for the Analysis of Regional Integration at Sussex
- Sussex Centre for Conflict and Security Research
- Sussex Centre for Human Rights Research
- Sussex Centre for for the study of corruption
- Sussex Sustainability Research Programme
- Centre for Global Health Policy
- Centre for International Education
- Social, Technological and Environmental Pathways to Sustainabilty Centre
- Sussex Centre for Migration Research
- Sussex European Institute
- Sussex Africa Centre
- Sussex Asia Centre
How research about girls by girls can help reduce gender inequalities
Dr Lyndsay McLean’s innovative research on women and girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo involved engaging – and empowering – adolescent and young women researchers.
Podcast: James Fairhead on improving the response to epidemics
Professor James Fairhead talks about how understanding human behaviour and cultural motivation is an essential part of mitigating the spread of any disease.
Find out more about Professor Fairhead's work on improving the international response to epidemics through the power of anthropology.
Peter Newell, Professor of International Relations, says new alliances will help governments and businesses to adopt low-carbon energy systems.
Ending the daily work commute may not cut energy usage as much as one might hope
A mass move to working-from-home accelerated by the Coronavirus pandemic might not be as beneficial to the planet as many hope
Research development enquiries:
Research impact enquiries:
Research governance enquiries:
Doctoral study enquiries:
Undergraduate research enquiries:
General press enquiries: