The research in this theme investigates rapidly changing peri-urban environments – zones of transition from rural to urban land uses – and their potential to be sustainable. The projects primarily focus on interactions between Zero Hunger, Good Health and Wellbeing, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, and Life on Land SDGs.
- Delivering food security through rewilding and community agriculture
- People, pollinators and pesticides in peri-urban farming
- Sustainable electricity and information networks in Papua New Guinea
- Understanding trade-offs between SDGs in urbanising contexts
- Urbanisation and changing food systems
- Development of API and visualisation tools to discover post-Covid changes in energy consumption
- Critical National Infrastructure resilience against pandemics and climate change