Climate and food insecurity
The research in this theme investigates the adaptation responses to the climate change impact on food security. The projects primarily focus on interactions between the Zero Hunger, Good Health and Wellbeing, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Climate Action, and Life on Land and Below Water SDGs.
- Climate resistant agriculture systems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Prediction of food security crises and responses (follow-on project: Cementing uptake of new drought forecast products and risk management decisions)
- The resilience and sustainability of small farms
- Tools for safe and sustainable artisanal fishing (follow-on project: Forecasting with Fishers: Turning research into a means for safe and sustainable livelihood of artisanal fishers in south India)
- Uncertain pedagogies for youth and community resilience (follow-on project: Creating with Uncertainty. Covid recovery to educate for sustainable futures)