Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience Projects
Some examples of projects using cell and molecular approaches are given below.
Please note that this list of supervisors is accurate to date, but may be subject to future changes. Projects shown are examples only, intended to give a flavour of the research taking place in the lab. Supervisors and students will discuss more detailed plans or new directions together after the student has received an offer and is making their choices.
- Professor Claudio Alonso - RNA regulation during Drosophila neural development
- Professor Tom Baden - How do visual systems sample and process behaviorally meaningful input, and how can the underlying neuronal networks adapt to changing sensory demands?
- Dr Jimena Berni - The development of behaviour
- Professor Sarah Guthrie - Mechanisms of nerve guidance
- Professor Majid Hafezparast - Mechanisms of motor neuron disease
- Dr Catherine Hall - How the brain uses and is supplied with energy
- Professor George Kemenes - Epigenetic mechanisms of long-term memory
- Dr Ildiko Kemenes - Cellular and molecular basis of memory formation
- Dr Sarah King - Inhibitory circuits influencing addition
- Dr Eisuke Koya - Neuronal ensembles involved in food-related learning
- Professor Corne Kros - Mechanisms and prevention of drug-induced ototoxicity
- Professor Leon Lagnado - Synapses transmitting visual information
- Professor Miguel Maravall - Dynamics of cortical sensory responses
- Dr Emiliano Merlo - Mechanisms that control memory maintenance and inhibition
- Professor Jeremy Niven - Sensory information processing, neural circuits and brain evolution in arthropods
- Dr Andy Penn - Glutamate receptors as drug targets in brain disorders
- Dr Sylvia Schröder - Modulation of visual processing by behaviour
- Professor Louise Serpell - Amyloid proteins and Alzheimer's disease
- Professor Kevin Staras - Dynamic properties of synapses in hippocampal neurons