Find out about the recent work of our quantum experts.
Professor Winfried Hensinger interviewed by the BBC's The Inquiry
He explains why corporations are spending billions to turn quantum computers into workable technology.
Dr Seokjun Hong collaborates on paper to use MEMS based microstage to control fiber mirrors for ion-cavity system
- Dr Alessia Pasquazi from our EPic Lab gives the first Register Lecture of the decade. Her research into whether portable atomic clocks can end UK dependence on GNSS, investigates the alternative to satellite signals.
2019 at a glance
- Raphaël Le Brun-Ricalens, doctoral researcher and PhD student in our Ion Quantum Technology Group, is featured in the Luxembourg National Research Fund's Spotlight on Young Researchers. He explains why he has joined the field at such an exciting time, why his Masters degree at Sussex got him hooked to enrol on our doctoral programme, and his future careers aspirations Spotlight on Young Researchers: Foni Raphaël Lebrun-Ricalens.
- Raphaël was interviewed for LadBible on the plausibility of the 'quantum realm' in Avengers: Endgame. Read the full article here (contains spoilers!) Physicist Evaluates Science Behind 'Quantum Realm' in Avengers: Endgame.
- Congratulations to Prof. Marco Peccianti on being awarded an ERC Proof of Concept grant which will allow us to explore the commercial potential of the EPic Lab's research!
- Dr Alessia Pasquazi, Prof. Marco Peccianti and their colleagues from the EPic Lab discuss their latest research in this video Laser Cavity-Solitons Microcombs.