Careers and employability
Our accreditations, partnerships and employer connections will boost your employability and support your career aspirations.
Accreditation and partnerships
Our teaching has been recognised by leading professional bodies, helping you achieve professional status faster and take advantage of partnership benefits. Find out more about our undergraduate accreditations and postgraduate accreditations.
Benefit from our close links with a wealth of organisations – from local start-ups and social charities to global conglomerates and government agencies.
Opportunities can include:
- guest speakers with years of experience in their field
- competitions to solve a real-world business issue, where the winner gets an insight into how their idea works in reality
- employers enriching the classroom experience
- a placement or internship
- mentoring from a like-minded employer
- the StartUp Sussex programme where you benefit from workshops from consultants in the Sussex Innovation Centre, guidance on developing business ideas, and the chance to win StartUp funding
- our alumni, who thrive in a variety of careers.
The University of Sussex Business Mentors Scheme links students with volunteer business mentors. It is designed to provide our students with professional and personal development, inspiration and encouragement through a supportive mentoring relationship. The aim of this scheme is to enable the mentee to develop their own skills and capabilities to tackle problem solving more effectively. Read more about the scheme here.