Supporting your success
Study at the Business School and you’ll get the full range of support from academic staff, student support staff and fellow students in support roles, in addition to the central support provided by the University.
Student Academic Success Advisors
You are allocated an Academic Success Advisor who gives you support on academic study skills through a range of learning tools and face-to-face advice.
They help you overcome any challenges and strengthen academic skills, such as:
- critical thinking and reading
- presentation skills
- academic writing
- using feedback from assessments to improve.
Our Business School Student Mentors can positively guide you through university, both academically and personally.
They can advise you on all aspects of student life, including developing active learning strategies, feeling part of the community and adapting to independent living.
You can pair up with a Student Mentor for the whole year or meet them informally at weekly drop-in sessions.
Your Student Reps provide you with essential links to the University of Sussex Business School, the Students’ Union and University, giving you a clear voice to feed back on the issues that matter to you.
They are elected by Sussex students from each subject area and year group, so you have a voice for your cohort, by course and year of study.
As a student at the University of Sussex Business School, your opinion and feedback matters and we offer the opportunity to engage with your Student Representative about how to enhance your student experience.
Student Experience team
A team of professional staff will make sure your Business School experience is as beneficial and enjoyable as possible.
They offer support and guidance including:
- organising events to help you meet new people and integrate yourself into the Business School community
- close liaison with Student Reps, Mentors and Ambassadors to strengthen the link between students and staff
- student support and a link between the Business School and the University’s Student Support areas
- organising study trips for students and to promote study abroad and other international opportunities to students
- a weekly Community Café for Business School students.