Parents and guardians information evening – Wednesday 8 May 2024
We are delighted to be hosting an evening event for parents and guardians, which has been designed specifically to help in guiding your young person through their journey to university.
Our event will provide you with expert information on the general application process when applying to UK universities, different course options, careers advice and how a student can fund their time at university.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- hear from a panel of our current students and ask them questions
- get practical advice from our expert staff
- receive information about the housing and accommodation options on and off campus
- find out about pathways into medicine with Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- understand the different support services available with Disability Advice and Student Advice
- speak to our expert about supporting a student in care through the University process, as a carer yourself
- speak to our Careers and Entrepreneurship team to find out about the 600 funded work experience opportunities available every year, as well as CareerHub, our job vacancy site. The Sussex Entrepreneurship Programme also supports an additional 700 students to build and grow their own startup or social enterprise.
- explore our campus beforehand using our self-guided tour app or join us for a guided tour led by our student ambassadors after the event.
The event will run from 5.00pm to 8.00pm. Refreshments will be provided.
Widening Participation can offer travel reimbursements as part of the Access Programme.
If you think you might be eligible, contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any queries or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is run jointly by UK Student Recruitment and Widening Participation.