Teacher training events
Meet us online or in person and find out how to become a teacher.
Helping you to get into teaching
We’ve been delivering Initital Teacher Training (ITT) courses for over 40 years. Through our established partnerships you’ll get Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on our courses, as you develop your teaching career and make a difference to the young people you’ll teach.
On our PGCEs you can take your teacher training at one of our partnership schools across the South East England. You’ll go on two placements throughout the year, giving you practical experience in the classroom. We also offer a School Choice PGCE, where you can apply directly to the school you want to teach in.
You can choose to train as a Primary or a Secondary teacher, with a wide range of subject specialisms available.
Depending on your subject and qualifications, you could be eligible to receive a tax free bursary or a salary while you train.
Come and meet us
If you’re thinking of getting into teaching, come and talk to us to find out how we can support you on your teaching journey.
We run a number of events throughout the year, both online and in-person. You’ll hear from our teaching experts and subject tutors. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about how to gain teacher qualification, including:
- How does teacher training at Sussex work?
- What degree do I need to become a teacher?
- Can I train to teach part-time?
- Can I teach, train and earn a salary?
- Can I study a PGCE with QTS if I'm an international student?
Meet us at other teacher training events
You can also chat to us at any of these events to learn more about a career in teaching:
- Masters Open Day – at one of our Open Days you can discover a range of subject talks, including our PGCEs, and explore our campus while you’re here
- Careers Fair for Sussex students – we run these events for current Sussex students every year. Explore career options for life after Sussex, including teacher training.