Tuition fee deposits for international Masters students
Find out more about tuition fee deposits for self-funded international students starting a Masters in September 2019
If you are a self-funded international student starting a Masters course in September 2019, you are required to pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000. The deposit must be paid before we can issue your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number, which you will require for your application for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.
The tuition fee deposit amount will be taken off the total tuition fees payable. You will be able to pay your tuition fee deposit once you have accepted your offer and met all conditions.
You do not need to pay the deposit if:
- You do not require a Tier 4 (General) student visa
- You are fully sponsored by the UK government, your home government ministry, the British Council, Chevening, British Commonwealth, an international organisation, company or university
- You are in receipt of a US Federal Loan
- You are taking the University of Sussex pre-sessional English course
- You applied for your course at Sussex via UCAS or UCAS Teacher Training
Please note that you will not have to pay a tuition fee deposit if you are applying to study for a research degree such as a PhD or MPhil.
Further information about how and when you should pay the deposit, refund policies and details for funded students of how you provide evidence of your sponsorship will be provided on this webpage in the Spring of 2019.
If you need a Tier 4 (General) student visa we will send you more information about the CAS and the deposit payment from Spring 2019.