Teaching and learning
Join the next generation of innovation policy and management leaders. Study with the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), one of the world’s leading innovation study centres.
We focus on science and technology policy, innovation and project management, sustainable development and energy policy research. We are driven by a desire to tackle real world challenges such as climate change, sustainable development goals, and innovation for improved policy and managerial decision-making in areas such as health care, food systems and infrastructure. Our teaching is problem-focused, interdisciplinary, empirical and based on critical analysis of research relevant to policy and management.
- Masters courses
- Energy and Climate Policy MSc
- Energy Policy MSc (online)
- Project Management MSc
- Science and Technology Policy MSc
- Science and Technology Policy (with a professional placement year) MSc
- Strategic Innovation Management MSc
- Strategic Innovation Management (with a professional placement year) MSc
- Sustainable Development MSc
- Sustainable Development MSc (online).
- PhD programmes
Help shape the future
The Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) is one of the world’s leading centres of research on science, technology and innovation policy and management. Our work has a global impact on decision making for sustainable futures and we are internationally recognised as pioneers in our field. Today, we are part of the EQUIS accredited Business School and remain at the forefront of new ideas, challenge-led research and inspiring teaching.
Access an extensive range of expertise
Our academics are world class researchers who pioneer new understandings and approaches in the governance of science, technology and innovation.
- Learn and contribute directly to our research, and tailor your studies in line with your aspirations.
- Attend our seminar series to broaden your knowledge, participate in lively discussions and present your own research.
- Benefit from SPRU's engagement with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, including governments, policymakers, academics, industry and civil society around the world to find practical solutions to global challenges.
Through our extensive networks we provide opportunities for research in science, technology and innovation policy institutions, firms, governmental departments, or not-for-profit and non-governmental organisations.