Sustainable Development Goals Teach In
We are inviting you to be part of the community of Sussex academics leading our efforts to further embed sustainability in the curriculum.
Join the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Teach In
The SDG Teach In is an annual campaign from Students Organising for Sustainability (SOS), taking place from 1–31 March 2023.
It calls on educators to include the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in their teaching, learning and assessment.
SOS are a sister organisation to the National Union of Students, who we recently partnered with to audit our curriculum and explore how the SDGs are already present in University modules.
The Teach In spans the formal, informal and subliminal curriculum at all stages of education and through all disciplines, so educators of all kinds can take part.
You can incorporate the SDGs in any way you like – but we'd encourage solutions-focused and participatory learning that's relevant to your discipline.
Take part in the SDG Teach in by:
- taking immediate action and pledging to take part now via the Pledge form
- learning more by about the SDGs and how to embed them in your teaching by watching SOS’s webinar and using their case studies and resources
- completing an action plan and starting to teach about the SDGs.
We’d love you to join the campaign and become one of our target 100 Sussex academics who pledge, plan and teach their students about the Sustainable Development Goals this March.
Other ways to get involved
Join our in-person event on 9 March or online on 10 March to discuss our wider Sustainable Curriculum conversation, share and learn best practice and ideas for teaching about the SDGs. You can also join this conversation on our online discussion board.
You can find out more about sustainability and the curriculum by:
- reading about the Teach In campaign
- reading our brochure showcasing how sustainability is currently featured in the curriculum
- exploring our report on the our recent student-led audit of the curriculum.