International Human Resource Management (Elective)
Module code: N1081E
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Workshop
Assessment modes: Report, Coursework
On this module you’ll examine the core concepts in the field of Human Resource Management (HRM) and how they apply in an international context.
This will involve an examination of issues around international staffing challenges, such as:
- recruitment and development
- HRM strategy
- cross-cultural management
- corporate social responsibility
Module learning outcomes
- Critically examine the core concepts of HRM and how these relate to International HRM.
- Analyse the factors that influence international recruitment and development of employ.ees in global organisations.
- Critically evaluate the relevance and importance of culture, ethics and sustainability for managers working internationally.
- Apply your knowledge of IHRM to work effectively as part of a team to communicate your learning to non specialist audiences.