Ranked as one of the most international universities in the UK, we'd be delighted to welcome you to Sussex.
Sussex has long enjoyed being a popular destination for Mexican students. We have around 55 Mexican students currently studying at the University.
Read below to get a taste of life at Sussex and get in touch if you have any questions.
Sussex in Mexico [video in Spanish]
- Undergraduate entry requirements
- Postgraduate entry requirements
- English language requirements
- Fees and scholarship information
See our tuition fees for undergraduate, Masters and PhD courses.
As a student from Mexico, you may be eligible to apply for funding and scholarships such as:
- the Sussex Excellence Scholarship (if you want to study an undergraduate course)
- the Chancellor’s International Scholarship, CONACYT (agreement signed in 2013), Santander, FUNED (agreement signed in 2015) and Chevening (if you want to study a Masters)
- the Chancellor’s International Research Scholarship and CONACYT (if you want to do a PhD).
- How to apply
University preparation courses
Find out more about International Foundation Year, International Year One and Pre-Masters courses.
Situated on the edge of a national park and located just a few minutes away from one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Sussex has it all.
Support for international students
Sussex has teams dedicated to helping you make the most of your time at university. They can provide:
- advice on immigration and applying for your visa
- support with finding accommodation
- welfare support
- help to improve your English language and writing skills.
- guidance with searching for part-time jobs
- recognition of your extra-curricular and voluntary achievements.
Spirit of Sussex Award
The Spirit of Sussex Award is our way of recognising you’re achievements at Sussex. It can help you:
- feel involved with life at Sussex
- make friends and build a wider network while you're with us
- get a job after your studies by showcasing all your achievements to future employers.
Food and culture
You can buy international products from our weekly on-campus market, food markets in Brighton, and international supermarkets in the city. There are also many Mexican restaurants (mostly Tex Mex) in Brighton.
The popular Mexican Society aims to be a community of support for Mexican students studying at Sussex. They run social events throughout the academic year, including celebrating Dia de Muertos.
Choose from more than 200 societies and groups at Sussex and Brighton, including:
- the Buddy Scheme, which matches new students with current students based on your interests and includes activities and trips
- the Language Café, where you take part in language exchange sessions and other activities.
The Mexican society is great for meeting other Mexicans students and for celebrations.”Thalia Carreno Velazquez
Genetic Manipulation and Molecular Cell Biology MSc
Speak to an International Alumni Ambassador
Our international alumni ambassadors are recent graduates who help support the next generation of international students. Our ambassador for Mexico, Karely, can help answer any questions you may have about studying at university via our online chat platform, Unibuddy.
Course: MA Development Studies
Current job title: Socio-Environmental Impact Consultant
We also have an alumni network based in Mexico who can discuss with you their experiences of studying at Sussex. Find out more.
Talk to Luis
Luis Ananguren is our Mexico expert based on campus.
Having worked with international students for several years, Luis is ready to share his experiences with you and help you on your educational journey.
Ask a student
Want to find out more about student life? Chat to our students online via Unibuddy.
Find a representative in Mexico
Sussex is represented by a number of professional agencies in Mexico.
They can support you through the process of applying to university, providing advice and helping you with the preparation and submission of your documents.
We work closely with agents to ensure you receive detailed and accurate advice about coming to study at Sussex. Find out more about our work with agent partners and how you can provide feedback about an agent.
Our representatives in Mexico are:
We have partnerships with the following universities in Mexico: