News, events and workshops
PGT Workshops in July
Library skills sessions aimed at Masters Students but open to all:
- Finding high quality information with Scopus, Web of Science and Library Search
- Introducing Referencing with Zotero and EndNote
- Academic writing and referencing skills
- Using Google and Google Scholar to find grey literature
- Finding news stories for your dissertation
- Effective notetaking with Zotero
Online and in-person to suit the way that you work best.
Adam Weiler Award: PhD researchers awarded for excellence in impact
The annual Adam Weiler Doctoral Impact Awards recognise outstanding PhD students across the disciplines enacting real-world change in their research
Showcasing PhDs at the Festival of Doctoral Research
From 6-10 June, celebrate the incredible PhD research being conducted at Sussex with panels, networking sessions and the Three Minute Thesis final
Tea and Talk
Wednesday 6 July from 13:00 until 15:00
University of Sussex Campus
The Wellbeing Connectors will welcome you with tea, biscuits and a friendly chat every Wednesday 1-3PM Woodland Four of the Student Centre
Royal Pavilion Visit
Wednesday 13 July from 13:00 until 17:00
Brighton & Hove
You'll be welcomed by Student Connectors at the Pavilion Gardens before taking the tour of the historic Royal Pavilion.
Workshops that will equip you with the skills needed to thrive in a digital environment.