We offer an annual training course with a different thematic focus each year. We also create bespoke courses with governmental and non-governmental organisations and collaborative research programmes as well as executive education programmes.
Our 2020 training event was cancelled due to Covid-19. We will update our training information when we reschedule it.
The course is hosted by SPRU, an internationally recognised research centre in the field of science and technology policy and management. Every session will be convened by SPRU faculty, leading critical thinkers and policy researchers, who will contribute their own new thinking on current debates around industrial transformation, artificial intelligence, clean growth and innovation and multilateral trading systems.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Update your knowledge of key debates
- Gain fresh insights through engaging discussions and interactive group sessions with a peer-group of policymakers from around the world
- Learn new skills through practical workshops
- Take inspiration from a field visit that showcases research and innovation initiatives in context.
SPRU is internationally recognised as a leading interdisciplinary research centre in the field of science and technology policy and management. Our academics are world-class researchers in their respected fields of study who pioneer new understandings and approaches in the governance of science, technology and innovation.
Training course attendees share their views
Who is the course for?
Our training course is designed for mid-career policy professionals working in government and non-government organisations with a focus on science, technology and innovation policy design, implementation and evaluation.
Learning from cutting-edge research, and sharing experiences with peers from across continents, the course provides the basis for improved decision-making and policy implementation.
This course will enable you to:
- learn from leading international experts in science, technology and innovation policy studies
- update your knowledge by engaging with key current debates around industrial transformation, artificial intelligence, clean growth and innovation within the multilateral trading system
- share experiences and insights with international policymakers in your field.