- 4 years full time
- UCAS code:
- Start date:
- September 2025
“Foundation Year courses are a brilliant opportunity for students to fulfil their potential while they’re learning the skills required by a top university like Sussex.”Chantal Irtelli English and A-Level Academic Leader
Is a Foundation Year for you?
We welcome students with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences, including:
- those who aren’t sure which subject, or branch of a subject, they’d like to specialise in
- those who don’t have the right combination of subjects for direct entry into Year 1
- those who don’t meet the expected requirements for direct entry into Year 1
- those who are returning to education after some time away.
You will need to demonstrate your potential to do well on a demanding degree, including the potential to succeed in your chosen discipline.
The following sets out some of the most common academic qualifications. However, each application is reviewed on its individual strengths and merits.
Entry requirements for this course are currently under review – please check back in early March 2024.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
Autumn and spring teaching
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2024/25. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to feedback, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let you know of any material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
We’ll do our best to provide as much optional choice as we can, but timetabling constraints mean it may not be possible to take some module combinations. The structure of a small number of courses means that the order of modules or the streams you choose may determine whether modules are core or optional. This means that your core modules or options may differ from what’s shown here.
Check back in January 2025 for more details of the modules running in the academic year 2025/26.
Fees are not yet set for the academic year 2025/26 – please check back in September 2024. Note that your fees, once they’re set, may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
Details of our scholarships are not yet set for entry in the academic year 2025/26.
Please note: Foundation Year courses are not eligible for USA federal Direct Loan funds. Find out more about American Student Loans and Federal Student Aid
Successfully completing your Foundation Year means you’re able to take a range of degrees at Sussex. The current list of courses available is:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) MComp
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science MComp
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)
- Computing for Business and Management BSc (Hons)
- Computing for Digital Media and Games (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons)
- Computing for Digital Media and Games BSc (Hons)
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) (with a professional placement year) BSc (Hons)
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) BSc (Hons)
Ask a student
Chat to Sussex students online via the UniBuddy chat platform.
Contact us with any questions about your course.
+44 (0)1273 876787
Ask us a question
Explore our campus
Experience Sussex life in our virtual tour.