Choose from more than 500 degrees. Join a society. Explore Brighton and the UK. Our Bangladesh country guide has the information you need to know about life as an international student in the UK.
Watch testimonials from South Asian students
View our series of short films showcasing why students from South Asia chose the University of Sussex.
"Adaptation to a new environment and different cultures is the most challenging task for any international student. But I never feel this issue due to the availability of some fantastic people here in Sussex to help me in various aspects."
University preparation courses
Find out more about International Foundation Year, International Year One and Pre-Masters courses.
Fees and scholarships
If you want to study in the UK, you may be eligible for one of our scholarships:
Clubs, groups and societies
Choose from more than 200 student societies and groups at Sussex including:
- the Bangladesh Students’ Society, which aims to help students from Bangladesh to adjust to life in the UK and at Sussex. The society also holds events to celebrate Independence Day, International Mother Language Day, Eid Days, Durga Puja, Christmas Day and Pohela Boishak among others
- the Buddy Scheme, which matches new students with current students based on your interests and includes activities and trips
- the Language Café, where you take part in language exchange sessions and other activities
- South Asian Students’ Society
- University of Sussex Islamic Society
To find out more about life in the UK, contact our Alumni Consuls in Bangladesh.
The Islamic Society (ISoc) provides:
- free Iftar every day after sunset at the Muslim Student Centre
- Tarawih Prayer every day after Iftar
- breakfast at the Muslim Student Centre on the Eid following Ramadan.
Brighton has various Asian supermarkets and you can buy international products from our weekly on-campus market.
Brighton also has many excellent restaurants, serving food from around the world.
We have a Muslim Student Centre and a Muslim prayer facility on campus, and there are three mosques in Brighton.
Talk to Leo
Leo Cutting is our Bangladesh expert based on campus.
Having worked with international students for several years, Leo is ready to share his experiences with you and help you on your educational journey.
Telephone: +44 (0)1273 877567
Ask a student
Want to find out more about student life? Chat to our students online via Unibuddy.
Talk to a Sussex representative in Bangladesh
Our representatives in Bangladesh can provide you with professional information and advice, and guide you through the admissions process.
4th Floor, Bikalpa Tower, House 72, Road 5/A, Satmasjid Road, Dhaka 1209, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 09612333888
Mobile: +88 01970066233
Rahima Center, 3rd Floor, 1839 CDA Avenue, Nasirabad, Chittagong (Besides Sanmar), Bangladesh
Phone: +88 09612333111
Mobile: +880 1970082082
H&S Education Services
Address: 4/A Indira Road, Mahbub Plaza Room 605, Farmgate, Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh
Telephone: +88 0248 121 102
Contact: Mr. Jahirul Haque (+88 01733 000 566)