News and events
Discover the latest news and features about our research and our people.
- [October 2021]: 5G Drone positioning project funded by European Space Agency has started. The project is led by CGI with Prof. Maziar Nekovee providing technical consultancy. Other industry partners are Ublox and NATS (National Traffic Services)
- [October 2021]: Dr. Zhengguo Sheng's paper "Implementing Trajectory Tracking Control Algorithm for Autonomous Vehicles" has been awarded the best paper for the IEEE International Conference on Unmanned Systems (ICUS'21).
- [August 2021]: Ferheen Ayaz is awarded IEEE Industry Placement Sponsprship from IEEE Electronic Device Society. She will work with our industry partner, Kinseed, on the investigation and research of IoT telemetry systems and the use of event driven architecture in application design. Ferheen Ayaz is currently a PhD student under the supervision of Dr Zhenggo Sheng.
- [March 2021]: Our H2020 MSCA-RISE project (Seeds) kickoff meeting was hosted virtually online. The project is focusing on vehicular communication and network security and privacy. More information about our project can be found from the project website: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/research/projects/seeds/.
[NOV 2020]: Prof. Maziar Nekovee delivered a keynote on "Laying the Foundations of 6G Communication Networks" at IEEE ISAECT2020 http://www.isaect.org/, November 2020.
- [OCT 2020]: Dr. Zhengguo Sheng is awarded Royal Society Kan Tong Po International Fellowship 2020. He will collaborate with the Hong Kong Polytechnic University on Data-Centric Vehicular Networks.
- [August 2020]: Ferheen Ayaz is awarded N^2 Women Young Researcher Fellowship at Sigcomm 2020! She will also present her work "A Voting Blockchain-Enabled Incentivized MessageDissemination in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs)" with Dr. Zhengguo Sheng in the N2women workshop.