Elements is the Current Research Information System (CRIS) now in use at the University.
Elements supports the management of research activities by providing one single point of organisation, presentation and reporting for all scholarly and research activities, including research outputs. It also hosts the University staff profile pages.
What are the benefits of Elements?
- A single point of organisation, presentation and reporting for all scholarly and research activities
- Enhanced usability of research systems
- Increased external visibility of research expertise, helping facilitate research collaboration
- Improved reporting for research capability and research activity
- Improved tools for research assessment exercises
- Existing publications automatically pulled across from Sussex Research Online
- Integration with author identifiers, such as ORCiD, and external databases
Will Elements integrate with other systems?
Elements integrates with several systems, helping to reduce manual data entry. This includes the automatic integration of author identifiers from ORCiD, Scopus, ResearcherID, arXiv, figshare and SSRN.
Elements also integrates with several databases such as Web of Science, Scopus, arXiv, RePEc and PubMed, enabling you to 'claim' your publications in one click.