Legal Ethics and Professional Conduct
Module code: M3107
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Seminar
Assessment modes: Essay
This module will deliver a grounding in the theory and practise of lawyers' ethics, conduct and regulation.
The areas focused on will be topical and intellectually interesting including:
- ideas of legal professionalism
- professional power and culture
- considerations of professional education, ethics, governance, regulation, discipline and dispute resolution.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of contemporary academic and practitioner-led debates about lawyers' ethics, conduct and regulation
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge about the different kinds of ethics, principles and regulatory tools relevant to lawyers
- Demonstrate understanding of advanced academic and practitioner debates regarding the future of lawyers' ethics and regulation
- Demonstrate an ability to undertake independent research