Strategic Management - Engineering module (519H3)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module explores various aspects of the strategic planning process, including environmental scanning, strategy formulation and implementation, and strategy evaluation and control. Through case study analysis, you will explore how leading firms use strategy to gain competitive advantage, and how they relate strategy with technological and engineering projects and operations.
40%: Coursework (Group submission (written))
60%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 30 hours of contact time and 120 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Automotive Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Automotive Engineering MEng
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Robotics MEng
- Mechanical Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng