Preparing for online assessments
Do I still need to revise for online exams?
You won't be sitting an exam in typical conditions but you do still need to prepare. If your assessment has changed from a timed exam to one where you have longer to submit your answers (e.g. 24 hours) you may not need to memorise specific information to the same extent but it is still important to develop an in-depth awareness of the topic. You will not have enough time when you receive your assessment questions to produce good quality answers if you are starting the process from scratch.
We have updated this section of Skills Hub to help you to prepare for your online exams:
Make sure you know all your assessment details:
- How many assessments you have
- What the format of these will be
- When they will be released
- How long you have to complete them
If anything is unclear check the details with your School.
Check the technology requirements for all your assessments:
- Do you need to install any software?
- Do you need to adjust any settings on your device?
- Do you have a strong enough internet connection?
- Do you know what to do if you have technical issues?
Remember, you don't need to know everything and you already know more than you think.