Comments and complaints
We have updated our complaints procedure
Following the University complaints procedure, as the provider of library services, if you wish to submit a comment or complaint relating to the Library please use the form below. State clearly what you are dissatisfied with and how you would like it resolved. We commit to dealing with problems fully and solve them wherever possible within a reasonable time limit.
You will receive an initial response to your complaint within three working days and you should get an outcome within 15 working days. In some circumstances, it may take longer. We will tell you if this is the case.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, or feel that you have been treated unfairly, please email the Director of Library Services and University Librarian.
- How your complaint will be handled
Your complaint will be assigned to the appropriate Senior Manager or Librarian who will:
- Investigate the complaint, sharing only with relevant colleagues if necessary in fact-finding.
- Agree any timelines where complaints need further time to investigate or resolve.
- If more information is needed, contact or meet the person raising the complaint to discuss.
- Own and forward any actions resulting from an upheld complaint.
- Share the outcome with the person raising the complaint, if they have chosen to be contacted on the form.
- How your data will be handled
- The data you enter into the form will be stored on the University’s secure WCM which is password protected with restricted access.
- It will be shared with the Senior Manager or Librarian investigating the complaint.
- The data will be held until the end of the academic year in which it was collected, and then deleted.
- If any details from the complaint have the potential to help improve and inform future Library services they will be anonymised and passed to the Student Experience Senior Manager.