Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) offers a specialist service focussed on enhancing teaching practices and enriching student learning.
Our expertise can help you with the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of a range of approaches to using educational technology. TEL provides a range of services, from professional development workshops, to collaborative projects working with staff who want to develop digital learning resources or use technological tools to achieve particular teaching goals.
Contact us if you’re looking for guidance on how to: build interactivity into your teaching, make effective use of multimedia; mark using electronic tools (e.g. GradeMark); record your lectures; make most effective use of the University’s virtual learning environment (VLE): Study Direct.
||Head of Technology Enhanced Learningemail@example.com|
|Antony Coombs||Learning Technologies Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kitty Horne||Learning Technologistemail@example.com|
|Anne Hole||Learning Technologistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Sparkes||Learning Technologistemail@example.com|
|Tab Betts||Learning Technologistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Axson||Learning Technologistemail@example.com|
|George Robinson||TEL Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Our objectives
- To support the development and implementation of strategies, projects and initiatives to improve the student experience of teaching and learning.
- To provide specialists support, development opportunities and guidance to Schools in the use of technology in teaching, learning and assessment with a reputation for effectiveness and excellence in support of institutional priorities.
- To assess staff and student needs, evaluate emerging technologies, pedagogies and services and guide the future development of technology enhanced learning at Sussex.
- Our priorities for 2016/17
- Implement the Mahara e-Portfolio platform to support the development of collections of evidence for assessment and reflective writing
- Support extension of e-submission and e-feedback to 3rd Year and Postgraduate Taught students
- Promote an extended range of learning technology professional development opportunities for academic and professional services staff
- Encourage active learning approaches within teaching supported by technology e.g Flipped Classroom, In-class technologies
- Develop resources and guidance to promote inclusive teaching and support student learning involving digital technologies
- Increase opportunities for staff to share good practice and contribute to the development of the technology enhanced learning environment at Sussex
- Get Involved! Show & TEL
If you're interested in learning more about technology enhanced learning activities across the University or would be willing to share ideas from your own professional practice then our termly Show & TEL events provide the perfect opportunity for you to get involved. These informal meetings are open to everyone and offer the chance to connect with other colleagues and access personal insights on the use of technology in teaching.