An open-access multimedia centre available to all registered students and staff for autonomous study, we have materials for many languages ranging from Arabic through English to Zulu: audio and video resources, a wide-ranging film and documentary library, satellite television from seven countries, worksheets, magazines and newspapers, graded readers and reference materials such as dictionaries and grammars.
- Satellite television live from England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain
- Study materials for over fifty world languages
- Twenty-one PC workstations with access to digital audio and video, satellite TV and DVDs
- Computer-assisted language learning software and Internet access
- Study area with several more TV and video/DVD workstations, plus group viewing facilities
- Large library of feature films and documentaries
- Newspapers and magazines in taught languages
- Graded readers for two-week loan
- Digital language laboratory for class work, with data/video projector
- A second classroom with high quality audiovisual facilities
- Four staff to assist you
- We are members of the Association of University Language Centres (AULC) and the Confédération Européenne des Centres de Langues de l'Enseignement Supérieur (CercleS)
We are adding new stock to the main Library catalogue - so you can search our collections online:
The Language Learning Centre user guide contains further details of our services and how to use them, plus membership and fees for external users.
In the left-hand menu you will find some pages of links to other useful websites.
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 7pm (9am - 5.30pm during vacations)
Friday: 9am - 5pm
(Closed at weekends and University closure days)