An open-access multimedia centre available to all registered students and staff for autonomous study, we have materials for many languages ranging from Arabic through English to Zulu: audio and video resources, a wide-ranging film and documentary library, satellite television from seven countries, worksheets, magazines and newspapers, graded readers and reference materials such as dictionaries and grammars.
- Satellite television live from England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain
- Study materials for over fifty world languages
- Twenty-one PC workstations with access to digital audio and video, satellite TV and DVDs
- Computer-assisted language learning software and Internet access
- Study area with several more TV and video/DVD workstations, plus a group viewing facility
- Large library of feature films and documentaries
- Newspapers and magazines in taught languages
- Graded readers for two-week loan
- Digital language laboratory for class work, with data/video projector
- A second classroom with high quality audiovisual facilities
- Four staff to assist you
We are adding new stock to the main Library catalogue - so you can search our collections online:
The Language Learning Centre user guide contains further details of our services and how to use them, plus membership and fees for external users.
In the left-hand menu you will find some pages of links to other useful websites.
Term-time and vacations (except university closure days)
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 7pm (on a trial basis for Spring Term 2013)
Friday: 9am - 5pm
(Closed at weekends)