Entry requirements for international applicants
At Sussex, you'll join a community of postgraduate students from more than 100 countries. We accept applications for postgraduate study from across the world.
General entry requirements for international students
At Sussex, our usual entry requirements for students with international qualifications are the equivalent of:
- at least an upper second-class undergraduate honours degree (2:1)
- some of our courses accept a lower second-class undergraduate honours degree (2:2).
We may also consider professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing when we make an offer.
To find out which qualifications and grades we accept from your country:
- search for the Masters course you want to study
- go to the Entry requirements section and select International requirements
- choose your country from the drop-down list.
Specific entry requirements for international students
You must also meet our specific entry requirements for each course. These are listed with each Masters course.
- the grade required for your course
- if you need to have an undergraduate qualification in a specific subject.
English language requirements
All teaching at Sussex is in English and you must meet our English language requirements. You must be sufficiently fluent in English to be accepted on to your course, and this may form part of your offer.
You can also apply to study our Pre-sessional English course.
Applying for a visa
If you are an international student, you may need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK.
Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)
You need to apply for ATAS clearance if you are not a national of an European Area (EEA) country or Switzerland, and you are applying for a science or engineering-based course.