Making changes to your application

Find out how to make changes to your application after you have applied to Sussex. We tell you how to update details on your application form, change course or defer your entry.

Students on computers in the library at the University of Sussex

Changing your details

You must log into UCAS Track to change your:

  • name
  • address
  • phone number
  • email address
  • or update your qualifications.

Changing your course

If you would like to change your course after you've applied, you must email our admissions team with: 

  • your full name
  • personal identification number (PID)
  • the course you want to change to
  • a new personal statement, stating why you want to change to the new course.

You can request a change of course at any stage in the cycle. If it is agreed, we may need to make changes to the conditions of any offer. 

It is not advisable to wait until you arrive at Sussex to request to change your course, as this may not be possible if we are already full. 

Deferring your entry

We welcome applications for deferred entry and recognise the value that a gap year can offer. Applications for deferred entry are considered in the same way as applications for the coming academic year. 

If you want to apply for deferred entry, you can indicate this in your UCAS application.

However, if you decide you want to defer after submitting your application (or after you've received your offer) you must email our Undergraduate Admissions team on with your: 

  • full name
  • personal identification number (PID).

You should contact us as soon as you know you want to defer. It is normally fine to defer your entry up until the end of June. After this we will consider requests on a case-by-case basis as it is not always possible to allow deferrals close to the start of the academic year. 

If you apply for deferred entry and then change your mind you should contact us as soon as possible. You will only be placed on a course at Sussex for the coming academic year if there is still space.

You can't defer your entry more than once and we would ask you to reapply. 

Withdrawing from your place

If you no longer want to go to university contact UCAS who will inform your chosen universities.

If you no longer want to come to Sussex, please let us know in writing by email. 

You might also be interested in: