French For Professional Purposes 3A (R1139)
15 credits, Level 6
Gain the language skills for your professional career.
In this module you:
- learn specialised vocabulary and complex language structures
- develop your knowledge of, and analyse, the language's social, political and cultural background, by looking at a range of media
- effectively communicate in French in both formal and informal contexts
- take part in translation and interpretation activities including presentations and discussions
- practise oral and written skills for a variety of professional purposes, including reports, meetings, and speeches.
You will take part in a variety of activities to help develop your practical skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
6%: Practical (Workshop)
94%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Oral examination, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 35 hours of contact time and about 115 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: