Marketing Analysis and Financial Strategic Planning (863H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module will cover:
- developing marketing strategy, market planning and control
- marketing research
- behavioural concepts, marketing decision making
- marketing communication and sales strategy
- environmental consideration
- marketing ethics
- legal control and European/International influences costs of funds
- source of funds
- capital structures and CAPM
- business expansion
- working capital management including cash management
- dividends and dividend decisions
- corporate planning and financial control
- investment appraisal
- the stock exchange and its efficiency
- preparing a project and being able to persuade company managers of how marketing and financial planning assist strategic decisions.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 44 hours of contact time and about 106 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We’re planning to run this module in the academic year 2020/21. However, there may be changes to this module in response to COVID-19, or due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: