Blockchains and Crypto Assets (N1621)
15 credits, Level 6
The module will introduce the new and increasingly important area of FinTech, and will cover many aspects of blockchain development: basic cryptography, blockchain construction, applications of distributed ledger technology and smart contracts in financial markets, crowdfunding and cryptocurrency markets [bitcoin and ether in particular].
100%: Coursework (Project, Test)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc