Corporate Finance (831L1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module covers the most important topics in corporate finance such as: capital investment decision-taking; financing andcapital structure; risk management; and portfolio theory. You will then analyse issues in international finance including: models of exchange rates; efficiency in foreign exchange markets; monetary unions; and international financial crises.
100%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 32 hours of contact time and about 118 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Corporate and Financial Risk Management MSc
- Financial Mathematics MSc
- Fintech, Risk and Investment Analysis MSc
- International Accounting and Corporate Governance MSc
- International Finance and Economics MSc
- International Financial Law LLM
- Management and Finance MSc