Climate Leaders Scholarship (2024)
What you get
£3,000 cash per year of full time study.
Scholarships recipients will be supported to develop a high level project plan and provided with mentoring support.
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a UK student classified as 'Home' for fees and have accepted a place on an eligible Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at the University of Sussex, commencing in September 2024
- be able to demonstrate their personal track record of being an environmental influencer and bringing about real world change in relation to the climate crisis
- be able to commit to collaboration with the University and local community to encourage pledges to net zero and tackling the climate crisis
- Excluded courses
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are a current student at Sussex or will be going to study any of the following in 2024:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- Courses at IDS
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher status)
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
Deadline15 July 2024 23:59
How to apply
To be considered for the Climate Leaders Scholarship, you will need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible course at Sussex. To apply for the scholarship, you will be required to provide a statement of academic interests.
Applications open in April.
- To apply for the Undergraduate scholarship, please click here.
- To apply for the Masters and PhD scholarship, please click here.
You might also be interested in
- Sustainability Strategy at Sussex
- How to Apply for an Undergraduate Degree
- How to Apply for a Masters
- Webinar Session on Sustainability Scholarships
The cash award is paid in 3 termly installments per year; in October, January and May. This is for each year of full-time study and is not available for placement years. Part time recipients will receive the award in £500 installments across the duration of the course.
UG, PG (taught), PG (research)
15 July 2024 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: