Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship (2018)
Type of award
£5,000 applied as a reduction to your tuition fees.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- have accepted an offer to study an eligible full time Masters course at Sussex
- have or expect to achieve a first class bachelor's degree from the UK or the equivalent of a bachelors degree with excellent grades from a European Union (EU) university.
This scholarship is highly competitive, especially as there is a limited number of awards available, and getting the eligible grade doesn't guarantee you'll be selected for a scholarship.
- Check minimum eligible EU grades
Find out if you meet the minimum undergraduate/bachelor's EU requirements for consideration for this scholarship.
- Austria: 1 (Sehr Gut/Very good)
- Cyprus: 8.5/10
- Denmark: 12 (on 7 point scale)
- Estonia: A or 5
- Finland: 5 (on 5 point scale)
- France: 14/20
- Germany: 1.5
- Greece: 8.5/10
- Hungary: 5
- Italy: 106/110
- Latvia: 9/10
- Lithuania: 9/10
- Malta: First Class
- Netherlands: 9/10
- Norway: A
- Poland: 5/5
- Portugal: 18/20
- Spain: 8.5/10 or GPA 3.0
If your country is not listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible).
You are also not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are a 2018 Sussex graduate
- already have another Sussex scholarship (such as the Chancellors International Scholarship)
- have studied at a UK university’s overseas campus or partner college.
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 August 2018 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
You need to accept an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex to apply. As there are limited awards available, applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible as all awards may be allocated before the final application deadline is reached. Priority will be given to applicants that have not already completed a postgraduate qualification.
We have now allocated 50% of awards available (21 June 2018)
You might also be interested in
1 August 2018 0:00 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: