Find out about our events policies including how to register for an event, book a public lecture or get a refund if you need to cancel.
All alumni are welcome to attend all advertised events both in the UK and internationally. The most up to date event details will always be available on our website. All events organised by Development and Alumni Relations (DARO) will publicise a registration deadline date and the name of the event organiser. The event organiser is responsible for all questions regarding cancellations and refunds.
Online booking is available for most events and is the fastest way to secure your place. If the event is sold out online, contact the Corporate and Alumni Events team on email@example.com to add your name to the waiting list.
Most events organised by the DARO office do not require a ticket. However, for any event that does, your ticket will be sent to you in advance as part of the confirmation email which you will receive between three to five working days before the event. If the event is booked through Eventbrite, please have your confirmation with the bar code ready with you to scan at the event.
The lectures in this series are usually free of charge and open to all however all events have a limited capacity and therefore require pre-booking. If you have booked a seat and are unable to attend we would be glad if you let us know so that we can re-allocate it.
From time to time details of the events change and/or are subject to cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a change to the publicised programme we will endeavour to inform people who have registered for the event by email, which is provided at the time of booking. Please be aware that if you have checked the "receive no email" box, you will not receive this information.
Booking events with an attendance fee
Payment must be made at the time of booking to secure your place at an event where there is an attendance fee. All places will be at risk of being reallocated if a payment is not received within five working days of the request and it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that payment is made within this time frame. We are unable to accept "pay on the day" requests unless a prior agreement is made with the Events Team. Please retain your confirmation email for your records and as proof of payment.
Refunds and cancellations
Ticket refunds can be processed up to one week before the event or as stated at the time of booking. No refunds will be made after this time and all refunds will be made using the same payment method as was used for original transaction. Payments by credit card will be refunded to the same credit or debit card, payments by cheque will be made by cheque or BACS transfer.
As with our public lectures programme, from time to time, details of the events change and/or are subject to cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a change to the publicised programme we will endeavour to inform people who have registered for the event by email, which is provided at the time of booking. Please be aware that if you have checked the "receive no email" box, you will not receive this information. If an event is cancelled, full refunds will be given within four weeks of the date of cancellation.
Event payment refunds required as a result of any administrative errors by the University of Sussex will be made in full.
If you need to cancel your attendance at an event for which you have paid, please consider requesting that your event registration be re-directed as a gift to the Sussex Fund where it will be used to enhance the experience of current and future students.
We operate a refund policy. If by chance you should donate in error, you must inform us within seven days so that a refund can be made. To defray credit card charges incurred we will refund as per above. If the donation error is caused by our systems we will refund your gift in full.
The University photographer will be present at most University events and any resulting images taken may be included in future publications or on the University's website. If you do not wish to be included in any of these images, please opt out by contacting the Corporate and Alumni Events Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your safety at our events is of utmost importance. All our events are subject to a thorough risk assessment in advance, and we are continuously monitoring, and responding to, government guidelines.
Although Government restrictions on social distancing and capacities have been lifted, we still have a number of safety measures in place for on campus events, organised by the Corporate Events team. If you are unsure of whether the event you are attending is organised by the central team, please get in touch with email@example.com who will be able to advise. Our safety measures include:
- Enhanced cleaning measures and ventilation have been put in place at the venue. A cleaner will be on duty throughout the event, wiping down high contact areas.
- We have a thermal camera in the main lobby area to unobtrusively check the temperature of all guests on arrival
- Our team members' temperatures are also checked on arrival and the team is required to disclose any symptoms and undertake a lateral flow test (LFT) the day of the event.
- The events team is also continuing to take lateral flow tests twice weekly.
- To ensure that our events can continue to operate safely, we would encourage all in person event attendees to complete a lateral flow test within 48hours of the start of the event. Lateral flow tests are easy to use and can give results in 15-30 minutes. You can obtain LFT tests here.
- We will have automatic hand sanitising stations at the entrance to the venue as well in high density public areas.
- The venue has Track and Trace barcodes, which guest are encouraged to use by scanning the Track and Trace app. on their mobile phones.
- Many of our team members are continuing to wear masks but, as per government guidelines this is no longer mandatory.
- We would encourage all guests to wear a face covering when seated, (unless exempt) if the venue is visibly full and you are seated in close proximity to others.
- Face masks will be available at the venue for those that may have forgotten their own.
- We will have red lanyards available at the venue if you would like to request additional social distancing.
- Please do not attend the event if you have a temperature of over 38 degrees, new continuous dry cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Please do not attend the event, if you have been advised to self-isolate by Track and Trace.
- You can find out more about the University’s response to Covid here.
As part of our sustainability initiatives we always offer venues close to good sources of public transport and would encourage guests to attend by either by bus or train. If this is not possible, do consider car-sharing with your friends that may be coming along.
Please bring with you your own water bottles as there will be waters stations available for refills. You are also encouraged to bring along your own mug for hot drinks. There will be no disposable cups on site.
We only cater to the number booked to avoid food wastage so do let us know if you are no longer able to attend.
There is no need to print out an email confirmation and bring it on the day – we have you on the guest list.
There will not be a printed programme on the day, so please do refer to the timetable in your confirmation email. If you do decide to print it yourself, please remember to recycle.